Gordon Gray, professional genealogist from Colorado Springs, has reviewed the genealogy software program Clooz 2 in the first issue of Digital Genealogist. Digital Genealogist is a new magazine edited by the former editor of Genealogical Computing, Liz Kelley Kerstens, CG. The bi-monthly magazine is delivered electronically in PDF format and is sent via e-mail or it can be downloaded from the Web site.
Some of the other articles included in the first issue are:
- “A Sneak Peak at the Near Future,” by David E. Rencher, AG, CG, FUGA. An article about the changes that are coming to FamilySearch.org.
- “Essential Technology for Genealogist,” by D. Joshua Taylor.
- “Wiping Your Hard Drive,” by Goeffrey D. Rasmussen.
- “Family Reunion Flyers – professional designs without professional software,” by Susan Zacharias.
- “In Search of Genealogical Software,” by Bill Mumford.
- “Cybrarian” column by Drew Smith.
- “Mac genie” column by Laura Prescott.
If you would like to check this new magazine out, the first issue can be seen free of charge on the Web site at Digital Genealogist. The subscription rate for future issues is $20 annually.
Update: The Digital Genealogist site may be unavailable … try later if the link doesn’t work for you.